Tuesday, July 15, 2008

CrossOver launches

CrossOver is the youth ministry of The Cross Ministry Group. For many years while I was on staff with Student Venture I wrestled with the fact that our culture has nothing that intentially calls boys into manhood. Yes, the world does but not the body of Christ so that is why I created this weekend.

Here's a little more about it. 1 Corinthians 13:11 says: When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. What does it mean to put childish things behind?
CrossOver weekend takes a look at the things that hold boys back from being fully alive and balanced men. This is a rites of passage weekend where the boys who come are given opportunities to discover what it means to be a Christian man. They will also be called into manhood by the men on the weekend.
What is required of the boys who come? To be open in what might be a difficult task of looking at those things that might hinder them from experiencing God's purpose for them as a man. The question the boys need to answer is: Are you willing to look at what a Biblical/Christian man is and what could be holding you back from being the man that God says you are?
What we offer is an opportunity to discover what an authentic Christian man looks like and for a boy to get honest with himself, other boys, the leaders, and God. You interested in bringing your son to a weekend like this? Let me know! www.Crossmg.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home